Thursday, June 14, 2007

Come on now, Who do you, Who do you, Who do you, Who do you think you are?

Boy, y'all are demanding. Please, point me in the direction of all your original content so I can see what you have to say. Hey, I'll even link to you and we can be friends and stuff. Yea.

Mmmm, Hmmm.

Well, after I kicked Steve out I went from having three people who report to me, to 35 people who report to me. Things have been..... hmmm.... how you say... ummm.... yes, overwhelming.

But that's ok, because when I'm over-the-top busy I can't think about how crap-ass I (still!) feel. Sucks cockola. Or not, as Mr. Grass would be the first to inform you of.

So how do you motivate a group of unmotivated people? These are people who maybe graduated from high school. Well, don't get me wrong. There are some good ones with lots of good experience and I'm leaning on them hard core to step up to the plate and help me.

But most of these people make anywhere from $12-$14/hour and their job is thankless. They have to take all the angry calls, listen to the complaints and problems and suck it up and put on a happy face. I have to constantly tell them to have a positive attitude and be a positive role model at work. It's tiring saying the same thing over and over. Especially when to me, it's a little bit of common sense. I hate to sound like a jackass, I really do. But I cannot relate to most of them. I don't understand why someone keeps a job when all they do when they are at work is bitch and complain and find ways to make other people just as unhappy.

Here's a typical exchange:

ME: Dude, what is up with your bad attitude? Why bother coming here if you are just going to spread your negative energy everywhere?

THEM: Negativiny? I don't know what that means but I'm the oldest of five and I had to take my brother to court today and that's why I was late and my uncle is dying and I'm the only one in my whole family who knows what to do and I just found out I'm pregnant and my babydaddy hit me last night and took the car so that's also why I was late because I had to go borrow a car from my old boyfriend.

ME: oohh-kaaay. Well listen, your job requires that you be here on time so we can be sure to have the coverage needed to take care of our clients and our customers. How can I tell a client that their service levels are not being met because one of my employees can't be here on time? And you have to leave the negative attitude at the door.

THEM: Tell your client my life is fucked up and I had to take my brother to court so he wouldn't go to jail. If your client can't understand that then there is no justice in this world.

See what I mean? Jesus H. on a Pop-Fucking-Sicle Stick!

So I have my work cut out for me. Steve obviously let these people walk all over him. I can't believe what a mess it is every time I fire someone. Well, I can, but I'm always amazed how bad it really was.

On top of all that fa-shizzle, the Little One has been sick, again. And two nights ago I was up with him from 11:30 PM until 5:00 AM. No sleep, and let me tell you, being pregnant, not eating, and not sleeping is not a good idea. Even worse is having to come to work after no sleep, and deal with Them. OOOOOOPH! Yesterday I felt like I was floating. It's a wonder I didn't haul off and wig out on Them. OHH, I am so glad I kept my shit together. And I slept like a sweet baby last night.

In my spare time (HA HA HA HA HA HA), I have been researching which possible Presidential candidate I might be willing to back. Hell no, we won't go with Hillary. And I'm REALLY concerned about her numbers lately. She is becoming more popular, and I'm here to tell you, if she is the Democratic candidate, we WILL end up with another Republican in the White House. And no, I don't think Giuliani is going to get the nomination so it will not be a Hillary/Rudy race. Don't question, accept.

I crack myself up.

I took a little testies to determine which candidate might most match my ideals. Turns out none of them do, but here's the order in which they rank, according to what I want (and yes, legalizing the green is on my list of important political leanings, and yes, it's one of the questions on the test).
























If you take the test let me know how your list shapes up. I am a little disappointed Hillary ended up so high on my list, right above Al Gore, who has to be the most bloated person on the planet. Have you seen him lately? Here's a link to his bloatedness, but beware, it's very scary.

So, given my current "ideal candidate list", I might have to re-evalute my ideals. Yes, I might have to go and do just that.

Who is your ideal candidate?

No comments: