Monday, June 4, 2007

Am I right side up or upside down, and is this real, or am I dreaming?

I basically just sat on the couch all weekend. I had no energy. It felt like I was coming off a long week or month of nonstop partying and my body finally just gave out. I could barely eat, had dry heeves, upset stomach, headache, body aches, and total exhaustion to the point of barely being able walk across the house to the bathroom. It's debilitating. After awhile my mind turns to mush and it all kind of feels like a dream, but it's not.

I have heard this will go away soon. I have also heard about women who suffered through this for the entire pregnancy. Can you imagine? Jesus H.

My mother just reminded me that I gained "a lot of weight" the first time, and that I might want to lay off the food this time.

Uhhh, thanks mom. That's exactly what I needed to hear.

In other news - I've been promoted to Vice President of Client Services. This has many implications, not the least of which is that I will probably have to work more. Joy.

There's this dude who works for me. We'll call him Steve, but that's not his real name. He heads up a department that I am directly responsible for. He is about 10-12 years older than me, and he has worked with us (directly for me) for about 6-8 months. His job and mine are super important because we are "customer facing" and, since our client's success depends upon getting and keeping customers, those clients rely on Steve and I to help them keep their customers.

Well, Steve is a total fuck up. He thinks his job is to point out what everyone else is doing wrong. And don't you know - because everyone else is doing wrong, then he can't possibly be expected to do HIS job well.

I've resorted to meeting with him weekly and documenting every god damned thing we say to each other. The other day I said, "Steve, I just don't think you are running a very tight ship over here."

His reply was, "I agree."

This guy is killing me. I spend 35%-45% of every day dealing with a parade of people in my office complaining about Steve. How long till Steve is history? Good question, he is really bringing me down and he is losing credibility by the second. Which means so am I. Which means I must act!

Where did all the good people go? Does anyone want to move to Paradise and work for me?

Besides the Steve situation, I'm excited about work. We just signed another huge, big name client. Things are shaping up. It's going to be a very busy summer, but that is good and will help the time go faster until the birth of the new baby. Fuck. That's a little bit scary.

And that's the latest - work and pregnancy. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mother just reminded me that I gained "a lot of weight" the first time, and that I might want to lay off the food this time.

Classic.

Anonymous said...

As far as I am concerned, I thought you were HOT AS SHIT when you were preggers with Leo. I remember checking you out at Coconut's Spa! Rrrrr