Saturday, March 3, 2007

The Hardest To Learn Was The Least Complicated

For the second time in less than 3 months, I am a co-host for a baby shower. Two different friends, both pregnant with baby #2.

This is the definition of suburban living. This is the definition of. of. of. of what? I'm trying to find the right word. Of living with a kid, I guess. No kid, and we'd be hiding out in the corner of who the fuck knows what bar, drinking fancy wine, eating expensive chicken. With kid, I am making platters of food for 20 because I want my kid to be friends with other kids and that means I have made friends with mommies, and now I'm hostng baby showers. Good news is I like the mommies. I should invite them here, actually. We'll see.

Baby shower #1 was in December and baby shower #2 is tomorrow. Neither at my house, both I made food and crazy crafty things for.

Crudite with Green Goddess Dip
This dip has become a staple at our house and a signature recipe. I now have friends requesting this! It is so fresh tasting and very easy to make. My recipe is from Williams Sonoma but I've altered it a million ways depending on what kind of fresh herbs I have available.














Photo Credit: Mr Grass
Recipe: Williams Sonoma Green Goddess Dip

Pesto Pasta Salad
Ingredients follow, you can figure out the proportions:



Pasta
Pesto
Sundried Tomatoes
Pine Nuts
Capers
Mozzarella
Basil
Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper

Photo Credit: Mr Grass
Inspiration:
Simply Recipes Pesto Pasta Salad

No comments: